This Chicken Souvlakis recipe is tasty, healthy, quick and easy, and is sure to be a flavourful hit with the whole family!
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
– 4 tblspns fresh lemon juice
– 4 tblspns fresh oregano chopped
– 3 tblspns olive oil
– 1/2 tspn salt
– 3 garlic cloves minced
– 1kg boneless chicken thighs diced into 2cm cubes
– 10 large souvlaki pita bread
– 1 iceberg lettuce finely shredded
– 1 punnet cherry tomatoes quartered
– 20 Kalamata olives pitted and roughly chopped
– 1 cup plain Greek yoghurt
– 150 grams Greek feta cheese
– 3 tblspns lemon juice
– 1 garlic clove minced
– 1 Lebanese cucumber seeded, coarsely grated and drained
– 1 cup continental parsley finely chopped
– Sea salt and black pepper
To marinate chicken, combine lemon juice, oregano, oil, salt, garlic and chicken in a shallow bowl. Cover with cling wrap and place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, for tzatziki, place yoghurt and feta in a bowl and blitz with a stick blender (or mash with a fork) until smooth. Add lemon juice, garlic and blitz again to mix. Stir in cucumber, parsley, salt and pepper.
Heat your George Foreman Mega Grill and lightly toast the pita bread pockets (this step can also be done on the BBQ or in your oven). Wrap them in foil until your chicken is done.
Remove chicken from bowl; discard marinade. Place drip tray under the grill and cook chicken with the lid down for 4-5 minutes or until done. You may need to do this in batches. Rest the chicken for 5 minutes before serving on the pita bread, topped with tzatziki, cherry tomatoes, Kalamata olives and shredded iceberg lettuce.
This recipe comes from Anna Burke – Home Economist at Spectrum Brands, and was created with the George Foreman Mega Grill RRP $199.99. For George Foreman stockist enquiries, please call 0800 736 776.
Image / Supplied