𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐚 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐟𝐢𝐭𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐨𝐫 𝐧𝐮𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐠𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐮𝐩 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚 𝐟𝐞𝐰 𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐤𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧’𝐭 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭𝐬?
I’ve been taking myself through my own 8-Week Find Your Balance programme which aims for sustainable results across nutrition, fitness and wellbeing and today measured my halfway point results for the end of the fourth week.
My weight is the same and I can’t see results just from looking at myself in the mirror BUT in 4 weeks:
- I’ve lost 5cm from my tummy
- I’ve lost 1cm from my hips
- I’ve lost 3cm from my thigh measurement
- I’ve lost 1cm from my arm measurement
Guess what? I’m still eating carbs. I’m still eating ice cream. I’ve had a few ciders. I threw my friend a high tea baby shower and made a birthday cake for my mother-in-law and ate the goods! And I’m still getting results.
And then there’s the fitness test compared to my pre-programme testing…
- I’ve gone from 77 squats in 2 minutes to 91 (+14)
- I did 66 push ups with 9 of them being on my toes, previously 54 total with 4 full (+5 full, +12 overall)
- I did 33 burpees in 2 mins (+3 more than last time)
- I did 2 mins 18 secs in a full hover on my toes (+14 secs more than last time)
- I’m sleeping better at night and am mostly getting to bed earlier
- I’m drinking more water
- My energy levels are generally better
- I’m taking the time to stretch more often
- My joints and ankles feel sturdier
- My pelvic floor is SO much better, at the start I had to take low impact options for everything, now I feel okay going for short runs and mindfully taking on some jumps
- My sacroiliac joint instability issues have pretty much disappeared
So next time you do a programme, give it time to settle, measure your progress in different ways and don’t just go by the number on the scales!
Keen to take on this programme yourself and have the support to get stronger, eat healthier and reduce stress? Check out the Grace, Grit & Gratitude 8-Week Find Your Balance online programme here.