I love this salad on a warm, sunny day. I also add sliced avocado as an extra when they are in season.
– 1kg (2.2lb) salmon fillets
– 500g (1.1lb) baby red potatoes or sweet potatoes, roasted or boiled. Rested and cooled
– 4-6 cups mixed salad greens
– 1 cup steamed green beans, cut into 50mm (2inch) pieces
– 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
– 4 hard boiled eggs, peeled and quartered
– 1/2 cup chopped Kalamata olives
– 2 tbsp capers, optional
– 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
– 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
– 2 tsp pure maple syrup
– 1 small shallot, cut into small chunks
– 1 clove garlic, minced
– 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
– Salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat your oven grill (broiler) on high. Place the salmon fillets on a rimmed baking sheet and season with salt and pepper or your favourite seasoning. Grill for 7-9 minutes or until the fat has rendered.
Remove from the oven and tent with foil.
Prepare the dressing. In a food processor, add the vinegar, mustard, maple syrup, shallot, and garlic. Pulse until smooth. Turn the food processor on, and add the olive oil in a steady stream until it has all been added. Add salt and pepper, to taste, then pulse once or twice more.
Place the mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, olives, and capers in a large bowl. Add just enough dressing to coat the salad lightly and toss gently. Place the salad on serving plates. Place a salmon fillet, roasted potatoes, and egg on each plate. Drizzle with more dressing, if desire, and serve!
Image / Supplied