Keen for a new hairstyle this spring that looks effortlessly chic regardless of whether you’re at the beach, work, or hitting the town? Peter Som’s Spring 2013 ‘surf style meets downtown’ collection seen last week at New York Fashion Week had gorgeous hair to match, and Peter describes the beauty and hair look as ‘rock, surfer with a downtown vibe – a soft look with strength and texture’.
For Eugene Souleiman, Wella Professionals’ Global Creative Director of Care & Styling, this meant a ‘tough yet romantic’ look that was inspired by grunge femininity.
Hair styling: By Eugene Souleiman, Wella Professionals Global Creative Director of Care & Styling
Products: Wella Professionals Enrich Shampoo and Conditioner, Wella Professionals Mirror Polish, Wella Professionals Ocean Spritz.
Images / Gerardo Somoza
Get the look
- Start with freshly washed and conditioned hair, using Wella Professionals Enrich Shampoo and Conditioner, to ensure hair is in perfect condition.
- Spray Wella Professionals Ocean Spritz liberally at the roots and throughout the length of the hair. Do not comb through.
- Blow dry hair upwards at the root in a circular motion, to create natural volume.
- Pull hair into a high ponytail, between the occipital and crown, and secure with an elastic band.
- Twist ponytail and tie into a knot, securing with several pins.
- Spray hair again with Wella Professionals Ocean Spritz and blast with a blow dryer to add more texture to the hair.
- Gently pull a few pieces of the hair out, creating looseness and imperfection in the look.
- Finish by pumping a coin-sized amount of Wella Professionals Mirror Polish into hands, rub together and apply to the roots of the hair in an upwards motion for a shiny texture.