Fresh is best and this dish is a great fresh Sunday brunch.
Recipe provided by New Zealand Gluten-Free Chef Jimmy Boswell, food writer, chef, food stylist and author of The New Zealand Gluten-Free Cookbook. For more info on Jimmy, visit his Facebook page.
– 2x 100 g (4 oz) organic grass fed rump steaks per serve (or steak of your choice)
– Ghee or coconut oil for frying
– Salt and fresh ground pepper to season
– 1 hard boiled egg per serve (shelled and cut into quarters)
– 1 cup each diced cucumber, grape tomatoes, radishes, celery
– ½ cup each of spring onion and shredded carrot
– Balsamic vinegar, to drizzle over salad (optional)
On a tray season the steaks with salt and pepper, cover and rest 15 min.
In a bowl combine (toss) the salad ingredients so they are well mixed.
In a large heavy based skillet add ghee or coconut oil and heat over a medium high setting.
Add the steak pieces and cook about 3-4 minutes each side or to your desired level of cooking and place on a warm plate to rest for 3-4 minutes before serving.
Plate 2 steak pieces per serve and add salad. Drizzle a little, about ½ to 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar over the salad if desired.
Arrange 4 egg slices on each plate and serve.
Image / Supplied