Serve this Sweet Ginger Chicken on Mango Noodles warm or cold with a big squeeze of fresh lime. Easy entertaining with no mess and no fuss!
Prep time: 35 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
– 2 tblspns ginger minced
– 2 tblspns honey
– Zest and juice of 1 lemon
– 1 tblspn soy sauce
– 2 tblspns Kecap Manis (Indonesian sweet soy sauce)
– 1 tspn five-spice powder
– 6 chicken breast fillets skin off
– 20 tblspns soy sauce
– 4 tspns sesame oil
– 4 tspns Chinese cooking wine (Shaoxing, rice wine)
– 200 g snow peas blanched
– 120 g baby spinach
– 400 g rice noodles cooked to packet instructions
– 2 mangoes flesh diced (or 1 can of unsweetened mango cheeks, diced)
– 6 spring onions thinly sliced on the diagonal
– 1 bunch mint leaves leaves only
– 1 lime quartered
Heat your George Foreman Grill, BBQ or frying pan then whisk marinade ingredients in a small bowl until combined.
Slice chicken in half, lengthways and place in a shallow dish. Pour marinade over, cover with cling film and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
Mix the soy sauce, sesame oil and Chinese cooking wine in a bowl and set aside for the salad dressing.
Cook marinated chicken, with the grill, BBQ or frying pan covered, for 6-8 minues or until cooked through. Take chicken off the grill, place on a large plate to rest for 5 minutes (retain the juices).
Meanwhile, place cooked noodles, spinach and snow peas in a large bowl. Pour over the dressing and add mango, spring onions and mint and give it a good toss. Transfer the salad onto a large serving platter and top with chicken and their juices.
This recipe comes from Anna Burke – Home Economist at Spectrum Brands, and was created with the George Foreman Mega Grill RRP $199.99. For George Foreman stockist enquiries, please call 0800 736 776.
Image / Supplied