No matter how healthy my eating habits are and how much I exercise, my overall levels remain high. They’re not elevated enough to warrant taking medication for it (my total cholesterol ratio of ‘good’ HDL to overall cholesterol isn’t so bad; this is now being seen as potentially a more important measurement to be considered for health risks). However, I still like to eat plenty of fibre, I take a fish oil capsule every day, and I pay attention to products that contain cholesterol-lowering plant sterols.
Kiwi breakfast staple Weet-Bix has recently added a new product to their range, Weet-Bix Cholesterol Lowering wheat biscuits which contain 2 grams of plant sterols per serve. This can help reduce absorption of bad cholesterol in the digestive system. Here are a few ways to use them:
- Layer crumbled Weet-Bix with yoghurt and fresh fruit for a breakfast trifle
- Blend one into a smoothie (this can also help thicken the texture of your drink)
- Eat as-is with fresh fruit, Greek yoghurt and a small handful of nuts
New Weet-Bix Cholesterol Lowering wheat biscuits (RRP $7.69; 440g) are now available in supermarkets nationwide.
HOW TO ENTER:
To enter the giveaway, simply log in and fill out your details below!
Sorry, this competition has now closed
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
– You may enter once each day.
– Competition closes Saturday 28 October 2017 at midnight.
– This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram.
– Open to New Zealand residents only.
– Winner/s will be notified directly by the promoter or prize provider.
– Winners will be announced on our winners page and contact details may be provided to the prize provider for distribution.
– For a full list of terms & conditions, view our Terms & Conditions page.